Eurofins Microbiology Laboratories, Inc. is a commercial laboratory network with several locations throughout the United States. We are continuing to grow our Microbiology operations in the U.S. and are looking for an experienced Microbiologist for our Microbiology Laboratory in Mounds View, Minnesota. |
- Main technical resource for all microbiology tests performed at the location
- Verification of results before release to the clients
- Assume supervisory duties in absence of supervisor
- Conduct laboratory testing as needed according to established protocols
- Perform rapid food pathogen testing
- Assist in training of laboratory technicians
- Assist supervisor in ensuring all proficiency testing is performed on all analyses tested by the laboratory
- Provide technical support for all equipment within the Microbiology Laboratory
- Assist supervisor in writing SOPs and methods
- Perform quality control of equipment and procedures within established guidelines and performing routine equipment preventative maintenance and repairs
- Provide technical support of all laboratory functions including inventory of reagents, stocking of reagents, general housecleaning, and safety
- Trouble shooting problem assays within the department
- Assist supervisor in making sure that all QC data is acceptable and technologists are following established QC protocols.
- Trouble shooting of data, methods and equipment as required
- Support supervisor, Quality Manager and Laboratory Management in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the Quality Assurance System.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide to our clients through existing and new technologies.
- Manage the technical conduct, quality control, and related record keeping of all analytical evaluations performed.
- Represent the laboratory in technical meetings.
- Assist with method transfer and validation studies.
- Proficient in good laboratory techniques
- Ability to multi-task with instrumentation
- Competency with computer based technology
- Ability and flexibility to learn new techniques
- Ability to accomplish assigned duties in a timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to perform high complexity testing.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to communicate with clients, colleagues and management, in particular strong scientific writing skills.
- Responsive problem solver and action oriented
Eurofins US is a network of commercial testing laboratories strategically located throughout the United States. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, but with several location through the US and Europe, our scientific staff has many years of experience with a broad range of laboratory testing methods from wet chemistry to Real-time Quantitative PCR to microbiological analyses. Our goal is to be the bioanalytical testing company of choice for the US food, feed, pet food, animal health, dietary supplement, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries.
- BS degree in Microbiology, Biology, Food Science or other related field (Masters preferred)
- Applicable and progressively expanded laboratory experience in the Molecular Biology industry
- Technical knowledge: 5-7 years food testing experience including the following:
- Food pathogen testing and confirmation (including FDA/BAM and USDA/FSIS cultural methods as well as rapid pathogen detection platforms including PCR, VIDAS, Diversilab, or Assurance GDS)
- Strong working knowledge of molecular biology (DNA, RNA, PCR, qPCR and related chemistries, sequencing methods, DNA subtyping methods etc.)
Eurofins US offers exciting career opportunities, comprehensive benefits, and a fun and rewarding work environment. We strive to have the best people in the right roles at all times, ensuring the success of the organization and our employees. Our full-time benefits include comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and paid time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins US, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins US is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
See Job Description
CareerBuilder - 19 months ago
Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and pharmaceutical products testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of...