Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for Microbiologists to support the Professional Scientific Staffing group in Indianapolis, IN.
Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Calculate, evaluate, review, and properly communicate data verbally and in written format
- Perform routine and non-routine microbiological analyses or related procedures (including those performed in controlled access areas); record and document data according to regulatory requirements
- Set up and validate new analytical procedures or related processes used by the department; perform bench work for validation studies
- Ability to access and use computer programming including PC software
- Read, understand, and follow the principles of methods and procedures used in assigned work
- Prepare documents (including, but not limited to analytical procedures, standard operating procedures, explanations of data, investigations, and protocols) in a written format
- Work overtime and/or adjust working hours when necessary to meet client requirements
- Travel to and from client meetings, technical meetings, or seminars
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong scientific, computer, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Hands on experience in operation of laboratory and/or pilot scale fermentation and/or bioreactor equipment
- Experience with bacteria fermentation and downstream process
- Experience with lyophilization process development
- Experience with ELISA development and validation
- Experience with virus propagation, cell and tissue culture
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Master's degree in microbiology and at least six months relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in microbiology and at least two years relevant experience or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major) preferably in a pharmaceutical industry
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates residing in Indianapolis, Indiana are encouraged to apply.
As a Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Lancaster Laboratories - 9 months ago
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...