Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for Microbiologists to support the Professional Scientific Staffing group in Indianapolis, IN.
Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Calculate, evaluate, review, and properly communicate data verbally and in written format
- Perform routine and non-routine microbiological analyses or related procedures (including those performed in controlled access areas); record and document data according to regulatory requirements
- Set up and validate new analytical procedures or related processes used by the department; perform bench work for validation studies
- Ability to access and use computer programming including PC software
- Read, understand, and follow the principles of methods and procedures used in assigned work
- Prepare documents (including, but not limited to analytical procedures, standard operating procedures, explanations of data, investigations, and protocols) in a written format
- Work overtime and/or adjust working hours when necessary to meet client requirements
- Travel to and from client meetings, technical meetings, or seminars
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong scientific, computer, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Hands on experience in operation of laboratory and/or pilot scale fermentation and/or bioreactor equipment
- Experience with bacteria fermentation and downstream process
- Experience with lyophilization process development
- Experience with ELISA development and validation
- Experience with virus propagation, cell and tissue culture
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Master's degree in microbiology and at least six months relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree in microbiology and at least two years relevant experience or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major) preferably in a pharmaceutical industry
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates residing in Indianapolis, Indiana are encouraged to apply.
As a Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...