Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating over 50 years of service, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Microbiologist to support our Professional Scientific Staffing department in King of Prussia, PA.
Microbiologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Calculate, evaluate, review, and properly communicate data verbally and in written format
- Perform aseptic microbiological testing of samples including Bioburden, LAL, Conductivity, and Endotoxin on raw materials, manufacturing components, and lab supplies
- Record and document data according to regulatory requirements
- Aseptically collect and submit environmental monitoring (EM) samples at client facility using sampling protocols and associated documents
- Set up and validate new analytical procedures or related processes used by the department; perform benchwork for validation studies
- Calibrate and clean equipment as necessary
- Ability to access and use computer programming including PC software
- Read, understand, and follow the principles of methods and procedures used in assigned work
- Prepare documents (including, but not limited to analytical procedures, standard operating procedures, explanations of data, investigations, and protocols) in a written format
- Work overtime and/or adjust working hours when necessary to meet client requirements
- Train personnel to perform laboratory operations
- Operate and maintain sophisticated instrumentation (isolators, sampling equipment, environmental monitoring equipment, identification equipment, particulate equipment)
- Troubleshoot and repair laboratory equipment under direct supervision and assist in investigations
- Review testing using manual or computerized data systems while complying with all compendial and regulatory requirements
- Work on special projects with general supervision and draft reports with assistance from others
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology, life sciences, or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- At least one year related laboratory experience (microbiology and environmental monitoring in a GMP facility preferred)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of King of Prussia, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...