Under the direction of the Manager, the Microbiologist is responsible for USP microbial evaluation testing, environmental monitoring & media preparation. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Performs routine testing of samples - procedures maybe readily available through Compendia methods or in-house method references
- Processes samples for chemical and /or biological analyses. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prior USP microbial evaluation testing, environmental monitoring & media preparation experience
Education - Certification - Licenses & Registrations:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or a related Biological Science coupled with good aseptic technique
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
NBTY - 2 years ago
NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United States and...