Under the direction of the Manager, the Microbiologist is responsible for USP microbial evaluation testing, environmental monitoring & media preparation. Also responsible for acting as back-up for routine chemical testing of raw materials and bulk. Must also adhere to Operational Excellence training, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Performs routine testing of samples - procedures maybe readily available through Compendia methods or in-house method references
- Processes samples for chemical and /or biological analyses. This may involve collecting specialized samples in various production areas
- Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, Operational Excellence, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines.
- On a back-up basis, will be cross trained to perform routine chemical testing on raw materials and bulk products.
- Conducts and/or assists in investigations concerning operational problems and/or problems involving customer complaints.
- Enable, participate and implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Engage in Daily Shift End meeting using 2 way communications to review shift actual results to goals. Take individual accountability in assisting the team in identifying and closing actions to resolve problems.
- Coordinate activities within a team environment and be flexible in adapting to changing work environment and work schedule.
- Follow escalation process standard work and assist team in “Why Why” Problem Solving Analysis
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• 3+ year experience in laboratory environment.
Education/Certification/ Licenses & Registrations:
- Experience with USP, AOAC and BAM microbial methods.
Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or a related Biological Science
Good aseptic technique
Must be able to perform in a high level of organization skills, must be team-oriented and willing to work collaboratively with Manager. Must have demonstrated initiative and desire to work in a dynamic work environment with multiple demands. Must be poised, confident and capable of interacting effectively with lead and support group. Must be detailed oriented and be able to follow written and oral instructions in English. Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
Ability to spend a majority of the day working with a computer; ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods, ability to talk and hear associates contacted on the job, ability to use office machines such as computers, faxes, scanners, etc. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on an occasional basis.
NBTY - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard