This position exists as a QA function with its primary purpose to assure sterility of product released into commerce. This is accomplished through a wide variety of duties which support the routine operation of the Microbiology Lab. Additional duties support the R&D functions of the Lab.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties of a Level F Assistant Microbiology Lab Technician.
- Operate and maintain the Vitek AMS (computerized microbial identification system).
- QC identification of stock cultures which includes the following, Isolation and cultivation, Performing gram stains, spore stains, and acid-fast stains, Use and maintenance of microscopes.
- Incoming and quarterly assay of biological indicators.
- Maintain and order lab supplies and equipment
- Assist in training of new personnel
- Provide support for microbiological research projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Basic knowledge of Chemistry, Algebra, and Statistics.
- Intermediate knowledge of Biology
- Knowledge of and ability to use aseptic technique; understand lab contamination control, growth of microorganisms, GLPs, GMPs, and AAMI guidelines for sterilization of medical devices.
- Must be able to work under pressure of constant deadlines. Absolutely must be able to work as a member of a team. Frequent opportunity for overtime. Time required to learn and perform this job in a satisfactory manner is 90 to 120 calendar days.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Zimmer Microbiology Lab procedures
- Must have knowledge of HEPA filtration and clean room principles.
- Must have dexterity and excellent eye to hand coordination. Must be able to organize and use time efficiently (be able to do several tasks at one time).
- Must have thorough knowledge of autoclave and autoclave safety.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Microbiology or Biology is preferred. An advanced degree (Master's) is preferred.
Up to 5%
Zimmer - 12 months ago
Zimmer can put the spring back in your step or the zing back in your swing. The company designs and markets orthopedic products, including...