1. Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample. Record findings on worksheet for verification.
2. Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked.
3. Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed. Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process.
4. Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
5. Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature.
6. Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required.
7. Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding.
8. Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client.
9. Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence.
Ideal candidate will possess laboratory experience or previous coursework in Microbiology, Food Science, or Biology. Individual must be detail oriented, well organized and dependable. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to work in team environment. Schedule includes weekend and evening hours.
Merieux NutriSciences - 2 years ago