Provides technical support and assistance to schools and departments in the installation and operation of computer hardware, software and peripherals. Work is performed within established procedures and standard practices under general supervision. Contacts are regularly and frequently made at all organizational levels within and outside the department. Professional judgment is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs and upgrades computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues with computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Maintains accountability of all computer hardware assets in assigned buildings.
- Assist with other functions of the School Technology Support Team that may be identified.
Considerable knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals and current Windows operating systems. Considerable knowledge of hardware and software installations and upgrades. Demonstrated ability in analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; to work within and follow established guidelines and procedures and to prioritize and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Education, training or experience sufficient to demonstrate the required knowledge, skills and abilities. CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test