St. Cloud Technical & Community College seeks a part- time/ adjunct Microcomputer Support specialist instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical & Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach a range of subjects across the XXX curriculum.
- Design and develop curriculum to meet accreditation standards.
- Teach day and evening courses utilizing traditional and alternative delivery methods.
- Academic advising to students and contributing to the department as a whole.
- Supervise student internship experiences.
- Work as a team member in maintaining a learning environment that effectively and efficiently meets the educational requirements of the diverse postsecondary student.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- Engage in scholarly activities consistent with the college’s goals.
- Build and maintain professional and community business relationships.
- Budget planning and fiscal management.
- Recruitment of students and job placement.
Occupational experience requirement
- Must qualify for MnSCU Credentialing in Microcomputer Support Specialist. For additional information regarding licensure requirements, please refer to the MnSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.licensure.mnscu.edu/
- Bachelors or above degree in computer science, MIS, data processing or telecommunications and 4000 hours of ocuupational experience or
- Associates degree or two-year diploma (90 quarter credits) in computer science, operation, or programming; business micro computing; or advanced business communication and 6000 hours of occupational experience or
- one year diploma (45 quarter credits) in computer operations, programming, or business micro computing and 7000 hours of occupational experience or
- Courses for credit or clock hours (1 quarter credit/20 hours, 1 semester credit/30 hours) in micro computer or mainframe computers and occupational experience totaling 8000 hours.
8000 hours of occupational experience in business application in two of the following: installation and troubleshooting computers, computer trainer in a business or industrial setting or programming.
Recency Requirement one year of this work shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field with in the last five years.
You must apply online and attach an electronic cover letter, resume, and a copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.