Microsoft Platform Core Infrastructure Architect
About Hitachi Consulting
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, with operations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process, and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Purpose of Position
Hitachi Consulting is currently experiencing significant growth and we are actively recruiting strategic thinking, entrepreneurial, and energetic candidates to perform as a leader in our Microsoft practices for Southern California. Ideal candidates will possess a stellar track record in professional services including client relationship development and management as well as deep technical capabilities and solution development experience with Microsoft Technologies. Responsibilities for the Architect include client development, technical leadership and solution development; and must be experienced in developing and leading engagements with Microsoft technologies.
- Bachelor?s degree required ? Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is a plus
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or MIS) is a plus.
- 5+ years prior of relevant consulting experience.
- Ability to build a vision, understand and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients.
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Possesses the qualities and characteristics that support development of junior team members to grow a practice.
- Consult with Microsoft practice leadership on approaches and architectures and work with practice leadership to help sell engagements as part of an integrated client team, including prospecting and proposal development.
- Develop and maintain long-term business relationships with clients.
- Consult with clients to determine requirements and perform system and architectural design.
- Able to facilitate meetings and working sessions with client and internal personnel on complex and possibly divisive or controversial subjects and topics.
- Lead practice development efforts; e.g., capturing knowledge capital and developing/conducting internal training courses.
- This candidate needs to have prior consulting experience and capable of leading and driving technical and business discussions with leaders within an IT department and within the business on technical topics specific to the Microsoft set of infrastructure technologies as well as having a solid understanding of competing or tools that augment Microsoft infrastructure solutions. This candidate will be required to travel to support projects as well as sales and development efforts.
- This candidate should have a broad set of Microsoft infrastructure skills and knowledge covering technologies around Unified Communications, Microsoft's Optimized Desktop, Data Center and Private Cloud, Identity and Security, and Application Infrastructure. In addition to having these broader set of skills, the candidate should have deeper and proficient skills in at least one of these areas - System Center Configuration Manager / Windows 7, Exchange Server / Lync Server / Office 365.
- Regular and expeditious travel throughout the United States and occasionally overseas is required to meet client needs and timetables.
- Available to be stationed at and work from an out-of-town client site for an extended period of time.
Location: Various locations throughout the U.S.
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
Hitachi Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Hitachi Consulting - 10 months ago
Hitachi Consulting, a unit of Japanese technology giant Hitachi, provides business management and information technology consulting...