IBM Global Business Services - Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
The consultant in this role:
Participates in every aspect of the implementation from analyzing the customer’s business requirements to configuring Microsoft Dynamics ERP (primarily AX) application to meet the customer’s needs.
Collaborates with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure a comprehensive set of requirements, aligned to business objectives, gaining full understanding of current business processes.
Provides in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics ERP and evaluates the customer’s business processes against the standard Microsoft Dynamics AX functionality.
Demonstrates experience in use of the prescribed Microsoft Dynamics implementation methodology, Sure Step; understands the key activities and deliverables for the client engagement and internal projects.
Is responsible for documenting the business requirements which express what actions a solution must take and what outcome is expected.
Is responsible for configuring and customizing Microsoft Dynamics ERP to achieve the customer’s business requirements.
Facilitates the customer’s decision-making process and develops the functional design document that will drive the development process (if modifications / customizations are required, either to processes or to the Microsoft Dynamics application.)
Responsible for conducting acceptance testing and training customer resources to successfully use and maintain Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
Has industry experience and understands challenges and risks when implementing vertical applications, primarily within Distribution Retail, CPG, Manufacturing and / or Industrial Products.
This position requires 75% travel, typically spending 4 days at client site and 3 nights at client location.
It is also expected that newly hired resources into the Global Business Services U.S. practice live within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles) of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Hartford, CT; Houston, TX; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York City, NY and surrounding area; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; and Washington, DC.
For more information on our world-class Application Innovation solutions and services, please visit: http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/gbs/ais/
Help Build A Smarter Planet.
Visit ibm.com/start/consulting to learn more.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX Supply Chain Management and / Financial Management / General Ledger modules
- At least 5 years experience in consulting with Distribution (Retail, CPG) and Industrial (Industrial Products, Manufacturing) clients
- At least 3 years experience in Microsoft's Sure-Step Implementation Methodology
- At least 1 year experience in demonstrating core functionality of Microsoft Dynamics AX product to potential clients and partners
- Certified in at least one Microsoft Dynamics Exam Certification (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Intermediate
- Master's Degree
- At least 8 years experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX Supply Chain Management and / Financial Management / General Ledger modules
- At least 8 years experience in consulting with Distribution (Retail, CPG) and Industrial (Industrial Products, Manufacturing) clients
- At least 5 years experience in Microsoft's Sure-Step Implementation Methodology
- At least 3 years experience in demonstrating core functionality of Microsoft Dynamics AX product to potential clients and partners
- English : Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...