Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Systems Administrator (Messaging Support) to join our team.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; All Contractor personnel accessing the clients HQ Data Center, where the majority of the LAN/WAN equipment and network server are housed, must be U.S. citizens. A National Agency Check is required.
Key Role/Position Description:
Must be an experienced provider of messaging systems administration and management with strong experience specific to the following products in a distributed, multi-site environment:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Barracuda Spam Filtering Systems
- Microsoft Antigen for Exchange
- RIM BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Administration activities including:
- Conduct system patching and routine updates to keep environment current with industry norms and best practices and to minimize security related vulnerabilities
- Problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Hardware, System, and Service Monitoring
- Monitor System Backups and conduct system recovery when necessary
- With regard to the service and systems mentioned above, additionally:
- Be ultimately responsible for the overall health and operability of the messaging environment globally for the client.
- Provide engineering assistance and technical analysis as directed by the client within normal working hours as work load permits.
- Maintain a messaging environment in the clients’ Enterprise Test Lab that is representative of the production messaging environment
- Provide assistance, troubleshoot and support the overseas support and deployment teams for issues relating to messaging systems.
- Produce appropriate documentation as defined by the Project Management Office and/or Chief of Global Operations including weekly status reports, Change Management Requests, and After Action Reports
- Develop and maintain design, build operations and disaster recovery documentation for the messaging system
- Maintain messaging system recovery plans and participate in all ITDR activities
- Provide regular reports on system performance, load, and utilization metrics in order to help the client's plan for needed improvements and upgrades
- Monitor and analyze system, application, antivirus, authentication, and security logs.
- Use the Service Desk tools provided by the client.
- Conduct daily operational tasks such as adding and removing mailboxes, creating connectors to new offices.
- Participate in, and adhere to, the policies defined by the clients’ Change, IT Governance and IT Security processes (provided to the Awardee by the CIO Office).
Must have strong experience working with the following technologies and practices:
- Exchange Related Backup & Recovery and Security
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Internet Information Services
- TLS and SSL
- Windows Powershell
- TCP/IP Networking
- Outlook Web Access/app (OWA)
- Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS)
- Windows Mobile Direct Push Technology
- Patch Management
- System Testing and Performance Tuning
- Resource Planning
- Technical Documentation
- Log monitoring and analysis
- RSA SecurID
- HP Proliant Servers
- Syslog server
- System Performance Monitoring
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions.
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country of hire.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Career Growth – Outstanding Career Opportunities with Competitive Compensation. Customized Training and Development Program. Educational Assistance.
- Health Insurance and Income Protection – Company-Subsidized Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance for Employees and Families. Company-Paid Vision, Life, Accident, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance. Company-Funded Health Savings Accounts
- Investment and Savings – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off – Company-Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation TimeTime
Fairfield Technologies, Inc. - 20 months ago