Responsible for data gathering writing queries and running reports for supervisor or others in the department. Check reports for correctness of data. Perform moderate to complex analysis of reports and interpret the data for others. Explain variances. Make recommendations. Research and resolve moderate to complex query writing and report running problems.
A) Business Improvements 10% of time
1. Play a strategic role in development of tools.
2. Develop new and streamline existing departmental processes.
3. Consistently devise new tools to enhance communication/collaboration
4. Develop ad hoc reports as needed.
B) Analysis 50% of time
1. Responsible for performing analysis of market conditions, identifying trends and recommending actions to develop incremental business.
2. Develop, run and interpret specialized and standardized reports.
3. Make recommendations to maintain and create new business improvements and opportunities.
4. Business trending and detailed reporting
5. Run, create, design reports
C) Sales Support – 40% of time
1. Support Vendor Management and Market Development teams
2. Support Vendor Management in Pricing initiatives; including tracking BDF, VLP’s, and pricing strategies success or failure. Make recommendations on adjustments.
3. Assist in the creation of, or maintenance of IM 360 dashboards and pipeline data
4. Manage or monitor shared mailboxes
5. Monitor Cloud renewal status and notify MDS and MDM regarding proactive outcall opportunities
6. Utilize Microsoft tools to produce lead generation lists
7. Track Microsoft reseller contests or deal registration programs (requires Magellan knowledge and Excel skills)
8. Support monthly business reviews/trip reports/ROI reports that MD team is creating to assist in identifying trends, and gather anecdotal information
Education: Bachelor's degree or 2 years of external related experience or 1 year of IM related experience.
Experience: One to three years' general business experience. Previous analytical experience strongly recommended - prefer Minimum of three years working in an analyst position.
Knowledge and skills: Proficiency with proprietary IT systems such as Impulse and Magellan. Demonstrated advanced skill in spreadsheet software such as Excel and relational database software such as Access, Visio and/or other software programs such as Business Objects and/or SPSS. Ability to analyze and interpret statistical reports. Excel skills are essential, including formulas, pivot tables, tables, conditional formatting,Sparklines.
Knowledge of the marketplace; Ability to take management’s direction and needs from concept to reality; Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other Ingram Micro departments and management; Experience in cost-cutting methods; Ability to develop and maintain executive level relationships within assigned account/accounts.
Excel skills are essential, including formulas, pivot tables, tables, conditional formatting,Sparklines.
Desired skills include Access and Visio
Minimum of three years working in an analyst position.
Knowledge of the marketplace.
Ability to take management’s direction and needs from concept to reality.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other Ingram Micro departments and management.
Experience in cost-cutting methods.
5. Ability to develop and maintain executive level relationships within assigned account/accounts.
Strong skills in Excel and Access a must, knowledge of Web-page design and Magellan a plus.
Ingram Micro - 2 years ago
Ingram Micro Inc. is the world’s largest technology distributor and a leading technology sales, marketing and logistics company. As a...