Our client, an energy company is seeking a SQL DBA to join the team. This position is for a long term contract and could go permanent.
The successful candidate will assist in the administration of the organization's SQL databases and their corresponding systems. They will uphold and implement systems based on established policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s databases. They will also identify and solve database related issues to provide high level application availability.
Essential Job Functions
The SQL DBA assists with daily tasks as it pertains to the company’s production, test, training and development Microsoft SQL Servers for the following:
- Installation, configuration, daily operations, patch management, maintenance, support, security and access administration, and clustering of all databases.
- Responsible for the execution of daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks, monitoring application performance, maintaining backups to disk, replication and data restores as needed, and access management and procedures for supported SQL-based infrastructure systems.
- In addition to SQL servers, assumes responsibility of applications, services, web instances, and terminal servers from creation to deployment.
Additional Experience with the following is a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2012
- Programming, scripting and automation technology and processes
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- SQL Server Database Tuning and Performance Monitoring techniques
- Acknowledged experience in Petroleum Shale environments.
- SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery methodologies
- Database Architecture and Normalization
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 / 2012
- SQL Server Integration Services 2008 / 2012
- Operational DBA with System Administration experience
- Quest (Dell) FogLight Database Monitoring
- TOAD, Microsoft Central Management Server, RedGate tools
- Prefer a University degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or similar degree programs
- Will accept a University degree in other concentrations with 10+ years of role relevant IT experience
Monster - 30+ days ago