Cadmus seeks a Microsoft SQL Server DBA to be largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role include owning, tracking and resolving database-related incidents and requests, reviewing service-related reports (e.g., database backups, maintenance, monitoring) to ensure issues are identified and resolved, responding to database-related alerts and escalations, and working with IT, accounting, and application development teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This Microsoft SQL Server DBA role requires a service-oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
• Owning, tracking and resolving database-related incidents and requests
• Reviewing service-related reports (e.g., database backups, maintenance monitoring
• Responding to database-related alerts and escalations
• Working with IT, accounting and application development teams to develop strategic solutions to recurring problems.
• 4+ years of industry experience as a professional Microsoft SQL Server DBA
• Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, and SQL Profiler
• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, and replication
• Strong knowledge of how indexes work, index management, and integrity checks
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including moderate Excel
• Knowledge of RedGate SQL tools
• Experience with SSIS
• Experience with PowerShell
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 16 months ago