Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, temporary (1 year contract) Microsoft Server Instructor (Network Technology Instructor). Start date is September 2013.
Provide primary oversight for Microsoft Server and Networking courses, to include ongoing course development and teaching, maintaining technology lab to support the curriculum. Additional responsibility to teach Cisco and other networking related coursework.
General Faculty Responsibilities
- Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
- Advise and assist students in educational and career development.
- Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners.
- Pursue professional development.
- Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
- Microsoft server certifications - 2008 or 2012 Server.
- Five years of computer networking related industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Certifications in Microsoft MCITP Server 2008 or MCSA Server 2012 , Cisco CCNA, and/or other advanced network industry certifications.
- Three years or more of teaching/training background, especially with regards to adult learners.
- Prior community college experience and understanding of the climate and mission of such institutions.
- Work experience in computer networking that demonstrates progressive levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
- Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques - including the use of technology - that enhance student success.
- Willingness to participate in a variety of departmental and campus activities.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge and/or experience with curriculum and teaching strategies to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Willingness to take a leadership role in areas of educational and professional expertise .
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Online teaching experience.
Starting salary is $46,796. Faculty may be eligible to advance every other year; current top step is $67,755. Salary is for a 173-day contract; additional compensation is available for summer and moonlight teaching, and doctoral and vocational stipends.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application
- Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Current résumé
- Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
Please apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link above
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., July 12, 2013.
Condition of employment:
Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Special Advisor for Diversity and Equity, Gaiser Hall, (360)992-2355.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 12, 2013
Clark College - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...