to learn more.
The Project Manager III [PM III] manages multiple, highly complex and business-critical Microsoft SharePoint IT projects. For these projects, s/he will establish project goals, success factors, potential risks, develop project plans, budgets and schedules with input/buy-in from key stakeholders and team members. This position will be responsible for identifying, organizing and leading the resources needed to successfully implement the project goals in the most cost-effective and time-saving manner possible. Resources will include dollars, people, technologies and processes.
Throughout the project lifecycle, the PM III monitors/measures progress, conducts corrective action (as necessary), communicates project status to stakeholders, performs risk management, achieves issue/conflict resolutions, and controls project scope and quality. This position is responsible for managing cross-project interdependencies with other Nature Conservancy business areas, IT units, partners, vendors and volunteers. The goal is to avoid potential negative impacts and identify where optimizations can be gained in regards to scope, schedule, budget, and resource utilization. The PM III position will facilitate go/no-go decisions at all project decision points with input from various key stakeholders (e.g. project steering committee, project team, QA review teams, etc.)
The PM III works with management to develop and enhance SharePoint and other IT strategies, methodologies, processes, standards, and tools. The position is expected to research and incorporate industry best practices as appropriate for the organization/IT. S/he provides project management mentorship for project leads as requested, and acts as a resource to other project managers to provide project management guidance and expertise for their professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering and/or business administration
- Experience with project management.
- 5 years of experience in an IT environment, including 3 years of experience specifically leading the project management for Microsoft SharePoint implementations.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and making associated recommendations based on project requirements.
- Experience with the application platform and associated licensing requirements associated with typical SharePoint implementations.
- Experience in advanced use of project management techniques and tools, including Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project).
- Experience in full scope IT project planning and management from inception through deployment.
- Experience developing and leading multiple project teams.
- Experience with financial processes (e.g. budget management, development of multi-year budgets and performance forecasts, etc.)
- Highly skilled level of proficiency in the key principles of cross-functional project management (e.g. Time, Quality and Cost).
- Strong communications and presentation skills (verbal and written) to all levels in an organization.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to delegate, effectively prioritizes own and workload of project team members.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Critical thinker with solid judgment and strong initiative that works well under pressure.
- Proficiency in leadership/influence and collaboration across multiple and diverse groups.
- Ability to manage complex projects with geographically distributed teams across a large, decentralized organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Strong ability to collaborate with outside consultants and still maintain integrity of organizational technology standards.
- Utilizes negotiation techniques to achieve desired outcomes with evidence of product, industry and organizational expertise.
- Ability to understand and analyze TNC business processes and the use of technology by different facets of the organization.
- Well versed in industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
- Strong dedication to the development of customer-centric standards and solutions.
- Duties require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- Ability and desire to mentor and train others to excel in project management.
- Experience with global, non-profit organization (preferably in environmental/conservation sector).
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 41243, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 11, 2013.
Failure to complete all of the required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration. The information entered in the education and work experience sections are auto screened by the system based on the basic qualifications of the position.
You must click
to apply for the position. You may select “save for later” if you prefer to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please refer to our
applicant user guide
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process
The Nature Conservancy - 12 months ago