Schafer Corporation has an opportunity to provide electronic communications and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) support to the Department of Homeland Security. This position will be located at Schafer facilities in Washington, DC .
Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and develop collaborative workspace tools and features to support virtual workplace environment.
- Develop design concepts, including graphics, animation and links to useful resources through the DHS customer's main SharePoint web page and subpages for real and personal property and mobile assets.
- Develop design concepts and links to online courses and training materials through the DHS customer's main web page and subpages for real, personal and mobile property assets.
- Develop a portal which allows the assignment of specific training plans based upon functional role and career tracks, including progress monitoring capability for management.
- Support development of information, packaging of data and distribution of e-Newsletter to audience.
- Support the design and develop of informational products (such as brochures, tri-folds, flyers, and/or job aids) to promote site enhancements, encourage early adoption and use, and increase internal and external awareness of DHS customer programs, products and initiatives.
- Provide technical support and assist with planning for long term sustainment of capabilities deployed.
- Redesign and customize the native MOSS environment based on customer/division requirements.
- Deliver end user training to program managers and other staff.
- Develop a tailored MOSS training guide for the Division.
- Develop custom Microsoft SharePoint solutions and architect, deploy, configure, customize, and administer MOSS solutions.
- Database migration and configuration of database services.
- Support software architecture and configuration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Schafer offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a professional working environment. Principals Only- Schafer Corporation does accept resumes from third party agencies. No Phone Calls Please!
- Proficiency with developing Web applications and Web service through ASP, Java, and ..NET (Either VB.NET or .NET Framework),
- Develop and implement action scripts, monitoring utilities required to provide early problem detection, and automated reports. Scripting shall be completed in any commonly used scripting language as Flash & ActionScript, PERL, VB.NET, and SQL. All other programming should be completed in either C or Visual Basic.
- DB migration, configuration, and publishing experience in MS Access and SQL.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs especially Excel and Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proficiency with developing project and user documents for client and internal use.
- Excellent communication, written, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, work with diverse teams and development methodologies.
Schafer Corporation is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Schafer Corporation - 22 months ago
Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing technical solutions to mission critical challenges in national...