The ideal candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of administrative systems in a manner consistent with established policy and procedures with attention to AT&T best practices. This person will act on operational issues, providing all tier levels of escalation support for all user-identified issues associated with our software licensing, Systems Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server and Adobe Coldfusion.
- Configure, support, maintain, use monitoring systems for these services and pro-actively identify and remediate issues related to these services.
- Troubleshoot operating system, application, hardware, storage and networking issues, engaging other work centers and vendors as needed.
- Provide regular software maintenance and patching as well as be involved in routine upgrades of both software and hardware for these systems.
- Support storage systems directly associated with his servers and applications.
- Responsible to provide backup and restore services for his systems to include performing regular test restores of his systems.
- Contribute to on-going efforts to provide documentation on both individual server systems as well as the services as a whole.
- This position is assigned primarily to support production and lab systems, candidate may be called upon to support other systems, including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, IIS and others as required.
- Proactive: Must be a self-starter who can take a project from ideation and design through implementation
- PC Skills: MS Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; On-line systems
- Effective written and verbal communication: Must be able to adjust communication style for intended audience
- Project management / Time management: Collaborative & Organized; Must be able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to interact with Senior Leadership and develop relationships: Must be able to advocate communication efforts and secure funding as needed; Ability to develop working relationships across organizations to meet stated goals
- Solid, hands-on experience and knowledge on Unix/Linux systems and shell scripting
- Solid understanding of web/J2EE applications and relevant technologies, such as HTTP/HTTPS, HTML, XML, TCP/IP, etc.
- Must be able to plan and execute complex product and service tests to ensure that the software and the systems developed are properly verified, research/implement test tools without supervision
- Exposure to application stress/performance testing, load generation, measurements, etc.
- Positive Attitude with ability to work individually and in a team
Axis Teknologies, LLC - 18 months ago