This position requires an Active TS/SCI Clearance
At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge and world class research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Mid Level Applications Engineer shall design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analysis and manage their implementation. The engineer shall also develop and support, using formal specifications, data flow diagrams and accepted application design tools. The engineer shall also be managing data access via Accumulo to provide scalable storage, flexible data modeling with cell level security tagging. The engineer shall design distributed, scalable client/server systems, using available Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), Government off the Shelf (GOTS), or Full Open Source Software (FOSS) products.
• Transition application processes to cloud-based framework;
• Use existing COTS, GOTS, FOSS to build scalable web services;
• Engineer distributed services and front end Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and tools for other developers to consume;
• Engineer server-side code for data processing applications;
• Use of issue tracking software, such as JIRA; and
• Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes and application enhancements.
Required Job Skills:
5+ years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancements, maintenance, testing and problem diagnosis/resolution.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer science or related field;
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
• 3+ years of experience in C++ or Java;
• Advanced knowledge of database and SQL;
• Experience with scripting language such as Perl;
• Experience with Linux (CentOS, Red Hat);
• Experience with Big Data and MapReduce-based frameworks;
• Experience with Apache Software Foundation open source development;
• Experience with Data Cloud, including mapping data into the cloud; and
• Experience with generalized data ingest, ontology and data cataloging
Data Tactics Corp. - 18 months ago