The Software Developer will serve as a member of the Repository Development Center at the Library of Congress. The candidate will be responsible for participating in the definition, design, and development of the software, tools and technologies that satisfy functional requirements, within the scope, schedule, and priorities as assigned by the project manager and/or technical lead. The candidate will be responsible for end user troubleshooting of applications. The candidate must be familiar with the entire lifecycle of software development, and have experience creating and maintaining applications for production environments.
• Be adaptable to working both independently and in a team environment.
• Be a motivated and creative problem solver.
• Exhibit excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Exhibit the ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience developing and deploying applications in Python
• Experience developing and deploying applications using contemporary Web frameworks (such as Django)
• Experience with end user troubleshooting
• Experience with addressing deployment issues regarding scale, performance, and administration throughout the development lifecycle
• Experience developing and deploying applications on multiple platforms (GNU/Linux, Solaris)
• Experience using version control (such as Git or Subversion) and ticket tracking tools (such as Trac and/or JIRA)
Typically requires Bachelor's degree (technical field preferred) and 2-5 years of related experience.
The Goal,Inc. - 21 months ago