Mid Level Geospatial Analyst (Job Number: 311514)
SAIC's Mission Support Business Unit (MSBU) currently has several openings for Journeyman Level Geospatial Analysts to support our NGA customer in Springfield, VA.
To be considered for this opportunity all applicants MUST possess an active TOP SECRET security clearance with current SCI access. This position has the potential for shift work.
JOB DESCRIPTION (SPECIFIC): The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial intelligence analysis on issues supporting current and future areas of responsibility within the customer’s mission. The candidate will work directly with customers and team members to provide geospatial analysis support services, software support services, and computer programming support services to a geospatial standards development team.
JOB DESCRIPTION (GENERAL): The successful candidate will work as a member of a government-contractor team providing geospatial intelligence analysis on issues supporting current and future areas of responsibility within the customer’s mission. The candidate will work directly with customers and team members to provide geospatial analysis support services, software support services, and computer programming support services to a geospatial standards development team. The analyst will serve as a subject matter expert on data standards, data modeling and schema development. In this position, the successful candidate will also collaborate with national partners in interpreting extraction guidance, feature requirements, and metadata concepts. The successful candidate will also establish formal relationships with government contractors and GIS application vendors to develop standardized data exchanges and increase software interoperability.
Candidate must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience. Candidate must have successfully completed a military or government Imagery Analysis training course equivalent to the Geospatial Intelligence Training Program (GITP).
REQUIRED SKILLS: The successful candidate will have:
- Expertise in ISO 19115 Geographic Information Metadata and ISO 19139 XML Schema Implementation.
- Expertise in data standards, data modeling, and schema development.
- Knowledge of standard geospatial analysis software suites, including, but not limited to: ERDAS IMAGINE, ArcMap, ArcView, FalconView and SOCET SET.
- Knowledge of GIS applications such as ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcExplorer, Google Earth, and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
- Knowledge of digital data formats such as vector data, shapefiles, geospatial databases, GML, and XML.
- Knowledge of the Intelink database.
- Understanding of CIB1, TLM, DTED, SRTM, NTM, DNC, and DVOF.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to collaborate across the customer's Directorates and the large GIS community to garner and apply industry best practices for developing standards and processes.
- Proficiency with XML, XSD, and XSL.
- Proficiency with writing scripts.
- Proficiency with GAIT and ArcGIS Defense Solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with developing standards-related training materials and providing meeting coordination and support.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jul 23, 2012, 10:14:46 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-SPRINGFIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...