Visual Soft, Inc., is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). F ounded in 1998, we have expertise in design, deployment and management of mission-critical applications and technology infrastructures for Federal and Commercial markets.
Visual Soft, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability
The Java Developer will play a key role in the development and implementation of complex, multi-tiered, and distributed Web based software applications. He/she will regularly collaborate with other developers, project managers, DBAs, business units and operations staff. The Java Developer position is responsible for supporting existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies. The candidate will be a member of a small Java Development team and will provide experienced leadership to development efforts.
The candidate will work closely with our business units, project managers, and other technical team members to actualize application requirements. The candidate is characterized by a high degree of professionalism, independence, reliability, and maturity. Strong communication abilities are a must. This requires solid skills in a breadth of internet product and technology areas. The Java Developer will be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
The candidate will be able to quickly absorb, understand and resolve complicated technical issues. He/she will work effectively in a dynamic and fast changing environment. The Java Developer will take strong ownership and responsibility for writing high quality code that follows best practices, performing ongoing troubleshooting, and implementing enhancements to meet the needs of the business within the context of a pre-existing technical infrastructure. The candidate will also contribute to developing internal tools and collaborating on process enhancements to increase the effectiveness of the Java Development team.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Providing technical leadership to web development team in all phases of the SDLC.
- Providing project managers with accurate and timely break down of development tasks and required effort.
- Designing, coding, and testing technical solutions.
- Identifying system deficiencies and recommending solutions.
- Meeting aggressive development deadlines and schedules.
- Creating prototypes for business user approval.
- Documenting application functionality and programming.
- Creating and executing unit, integration and system test scripts, manual and automated.
- Accurately preparing written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
Education and Experience:
Required Technical Skills Include:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field
- 5-7 years of work experience in systems analysis and web application development
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other developers in best practice and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition using Struts, Enterprise Java Beans, Servlets, JSP.
- Ability to read and understand XML schemas.
- Understanding client server and internet systems architectures.
- Writing effective, scalable SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated work experience with at least one relational database management system.
- 1+ years using Rational Application Developer or another Eclipse base IDE for developing and testing J2EE based applications.
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
Visual Soft, Inc - 13 months ago