Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Assist in the bidding and purchasing associated with traders' work and provide input on buy/sell/hold decision process. Prepare, maintain, and execute testing for new product implementation or enhancements and related systems. Participate in regular mark-to-market exercises. Contribute to the structuring of large transactions with assigned firms' representatives in financial markets.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support traders with analytical input prior to their executing trades. Confirm, monitor and/or execute securities transactions and ensure that details of the trade are recorded in appropriate systems.
- Assists in the development of business/systems requirements for the division and system. Perform testing and validation of upgrades and system improvements.
- Assist in the regular mark-to-market exercises in setting accurate market prices of securities recently traded or in inventory.
- Communicate regularly with prospective buyers or sellers of securities to get or disperse information needed to commit to a trade/purchase.
- Manage daily operations including client management, trade monitoring, derivative portfolio valuation, collateral margin calculation and execution, dispute resolution, payment resolution, and cash management.
- Work with technical teams to identify, implement, and test system enhancements and reporting capabilities, such as servicer reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3 to 5 years of mortgage industry experience.
- Comfortable working in a market/trading floor environment and must be able to manage competing priorities and projects.
- Familiarity with writing procedures and documenting a process.
- Solid technical abilities must be proficient in Excel and Access, SQL would be helpful.
- Ability to identify process inefficiencies and implement changes
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 20 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...