Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-2013 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and are expected to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 1000 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. For more information, call 800-382-6010 or visit www.ConnectionsEducation.com. Connections Education is part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE: PSO).
Florida Virtual School Full Time (FLVS FT) is a tuition-free, full-time virtual school available to students in grades K–12 throughout Florida. The school is approved by the Florida Department of Education and the Florida Legislature. FLVS FT’s predecessor, Florida Connections Academy, opened in 2003 and operated a full-time K–8 program through the Florida Department of Education through the 2008–09 school year. In 2008, Florida Virtual School and Connections Academy joined forces to become Florida Virtual School Full Time (FLVS FT).
From our office in Orlando, Florida, the Assistant Principal will work collaboratively with the Principal. The Assistant Principal will manage all of the site-based, non-academic school operations. Additionally, this individual will work closely with key centralized service centers including Enrollment, Technical Support, Materials Management, Fulfillment, Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Facilities Management. It is also anticipated that this individual will manage a range of special projects.
Other key responsibilities include the following:
• Manage the implementation of the proven Connections Academy operational protocols;
• Support the CFO in managing the school’s budget and various grants;
• Oversee student accounting functions including attendance maintenance and tracking and assisting with payment collection;
• Manage receipt, storage and maintenance of local student records.
• Manage reconciliation between Connections Academy’s data systems and state and local student information systems;
• Provided local support for facilities acquisition and maintenance;
• Act as the human resources liaison for school staff in the areas of benefits, leave tracking and the maintenance of local files;
• Act as the technology liaison for teachers and administrative staff;
• Monitor regulatory compliance and support preparation for legislative and financial audits in collaboration with the Manager of Internal Audits;
• Monitor all enrollment requirements and communicate requirements to the Enrollment Department;
• Provide state testing support including logistics for scheduling, tracking participation and contracting for testing facilities;
• Support contracting for supplemental student services;
• Monitor and track all school-based assets;
• Support the Marketing Department with student outreach, marketing and public relations;
• Stay current on the state’s policies, procedures and legislation;
• Be available to handle all emergencies; and
• All other duties as assigned
• Florida Administrative certification required
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Some operational or logistics experience and/or administrative or management experience
• Relevant advanced degree is preferred, MBA is a plus
• Education experience required
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
• Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft Office products)
• Experience in managing staff required
• Ability to travel as-needed
Connections Academy - 17 months ago