Middle School EL Literacy Coach
Posted: July 11, 2014
Deadline for application
: Until filled
Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and base on experience and training.
Nature and Scope of Job
The instructional coach assists with the implementation of the district strategic plan to increase student achievement by working directly with teachers in the area of professional development. A collaborative model is used to enroll teachers in a side-by-side learning partnership. Assignment may include several middle school sites.
Education, Licenses, Certification or Formal Training:
: Proven leadership qualities and deep understanding of pedagogy. Proficiency in using data to make decisions.Proficiency in adult learning strategies. Demonstrated skills and ability in successfully coaching teachers in implementing instructional strategies. Demonstrated ability to present best practice exemplar lessons. Demonstrated ability to ensure and accelerate student achievement. Evidence of ability as an effective team player. Evidence of ability to effectively motivate peers. Demonstrated leadership skills. Strong communication skills. Ability to make sound professional judgments.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Must hold a current Colorado teacher's license.
- 4 or more years of successful coaching or mentoring experience.
- Evidence of successful coaching or mentoring experience.
Essential Job Functions
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Establish and maintain an effective partnership with the building principal.
- Collaborate with teachers as they implement research-based instructional strategies in district identified initiatives.
- Assist teachers in the implementation of interventions.
- Assist with grade level meetings (i.e.data interpretation and training)
- Coach teachers as they learn to appropriately administer and interpret assessment to accelerate student progress.
- Coach teachers as they use data from valid and reliable assessments to design and differentiate instruction for all students.
- Support teachers in learning how to effectively utilize district instructional materials.
- Cultivate strong, collegial relationships with all staff by building rapport and trust through conversations, modeling and observing in the classrooms.
- Develop as a coach through district training, collaboration with other coaches and independent study.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Weld County School District - 7 months ago