School Principal - Floyd Dryden Middle School
Full time position (1.0 FTE)
POSITION: The Juneau School District, located in the capital city of Alaska, is seeking an outstanding instructional leader to serve as principal of Floyd Dryden Middle School. This individual directs and administers all school operations and activities of a middle school including instructional programs, support services, facility and ground operations, maintenance, student activities, and community relations activities. The successful candidate will be dedicated to achieving academic excellence and lifelong learning, as well as, the ability to make collaborative decisions; ensure a safe school environment; be committed to parental involvement and school/community partnerships; advocate for students, parents and staff of the school community; and have broad-based community involvement and inter-agency cooperation.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in education, or closely-related field.
- Valid Alaska Administrator's Certificate (Type B) appropriate to Administrator's position at the time Administrator's duties under the contract commence and maintain that certificate while employed pursuant to the contract.
- Minimum three years of previous experience as a school administrator, preferably at the secondary level.
- Minimum three years of successful teaching experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willing and able to work in a collaborative/teaming environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master's degree in education or closely-related field.
- Successful experience in serving children of varied ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated success as a secondary school administrator and an instructional leader.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of working in a community with multiple middle schools.
- Ability to make decisions, communicate them and provide follow-through.
- Experience with, and a deep understanding of, the needs and requirements of special education.
- Understand how to lead the implementation of common formative assessments.
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills with students, school and district staff, parents and community.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, best practices for instruction and assessment.
- Vision for educational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Able and willing to lead.
- Commitment to standards-based curricula.
- A dedication to the creation of an atmosphere of nurturing, challenging and supporting adolescents.
- Successful experience in serving at-risk students and re-engaging students who have dropped out.
- Proven leadership skills including staff development and evaluation.
- Able to put a shared vision into practical application.
- Maintaining high standards for all students.
- Successful experience in budget development and working knowledge of school finances.
Terms of Employment : The work year is determined by the School Board; middle school principal positions are typically for a 205-day contract period from August to June. Salary is determined by level of education and years of work experience for placement on the JSAA (Juneau School Administrative Association) Salary Schedule. This position is represented by the Juneau School Administrative Association collective bargaining unit.
Compensation : Annual salary range is $86,973.00 - $111,974.00 (placement is dependent upon experience), for a 205-day contract, with an excellent benefit package including: an employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision plan as well as employer-paid life insurance plan, membership in the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan see http://www.state.ak.us/drb/dcrp/dcrplansummary.pdf ), an optional tax-deferred retirement plan, relocation cost reimbursement, and professional development cost reimbursement of $2,300 per year.
V isit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an online application.
k12jobspot.com - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard