What makes Harlem Village Academies different?
At HVA, we emphatically believe that excellent teachers are the most important element of excellent schools. So we thoughtfully design every aspect of our schools to support, develop, and empower our teachers. We deliberately create an ideal environment and rich intellectual life for teachers. By designing schools for teachers, we ensure an excellent education for all children.
As a Harlem Village Academies teacher, you will . . .
· Work every day with the best: an amazing team of talented, hardworking, fun, intelligent colleagues, who are passionate about educational excellence.
· Experience unparalleled professional development. Share best practices with colleagues and receive personalized instructional coaching throughout the year.
· Feel empowered and respected. Make important curriculum and instructional decisions. Serve with a team of teachers to make innovative decisions about school culture and systems.
· Feel a passionate commitment to serving the needs of our students, and an equal commitment to helping your colleagues learn and grow as educators.
As a middle school teacher with Harlem Village Academies, you will lead your students to master rigorous academic standards, take ownership of their education and exemplify fine character. With a team of great teachers, you will create your own curriculum and lessons, in line with HVA’s mission and standards. You’ll set ambitious goals for your students and inspire them to give their very best effort every day.
Our ideal candidate is a smart, passionate, and experienced educator, with an unshakeable belief that all students can learn at the highest level. Your deep knowledge of your subject is matched only by your ability to inspire students to love it like you do. You have a record of high performance in your past teaching. You build caring, strong relationships with students. You get around any obstacle to accomplish ambitious goals. You’re genuinely warm and kind, and thrive on a dynamic team. And you love to learn and improve your teaching!
- Develop and teach highly engaging, academically rigorous curriculum and lessons, aligned with HVA standards
- Inspire students to hold themselves to a high standard of academics and character
- Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe and caring environment
- Analyze assessment data and use it to inform your instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences
- Contribute to the school community by leading a club, reading community, or athletic team
- Minimum of two years full-time classroom teaching experience required; four or more years of teaching experience preferred.
- Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge students
- Very strong demonstrated track record of student achievement in your past teaching
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a warm, strict, orderly environment
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Unshakeable conviction that all students can learn at a high level
- Desire to work with folks who are super smart, and who take their work very seriously
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates with less than two years of full-time teaching experience will not be considered for full-time teaching positions, but we urge you to contact us after your second year of teaching or explore another opportunity with us.
Harlem Village Academies - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard