This position is responsible for revenues and expenses relating to gathering and processing for QEP Field Services, a subsidiary of QEP Resources. The position involves understanding of the mid-stream business and accounting for all revenues and expenses as well as an understanding of master limited partnership accounting. The ability to understand the needs of the business and generate new options for providing reporting, conducting analysis, utilizing automation and simplifying accounting processes will also be a critical factor.
The successful candidate will have exceptional financial, systems and analytical skills and also have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in the oil and gas industry, especially midstream business is preferred. This individual will be based in Denver and will report to the Manager of Field Services Accounting. Salary will reflect market rates based on the QEP Resources’ Compensation Plan.
• Create, monitor and track QEPFS revenues and expenses with special emphasis on processing plant accounts receivable and revenue.
• Prepare partnership cash distributions
• Perform follow up on accounts receivable on a monthly basis and work with the credit team to resolve bad debt issues.
• Assist with all aspects of plant accounting including shrink payments, imbalance cash-outs and reconciliations.
• Develop reports and work with the operations and engineering groups to resolve issues and record adjustments to the financial statements as needed.
• Assist with monthly expense analysis and related reports.
• Prepare and gather information for financial reporting audits.
• Set-up Authorizations for Expenditures (AFE’s) in the accounting system.
• Monitor and assist in the design, modification, installation, and/or maintenance of accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions as well as accurate and timely financial reports.
• Customer service oriented with the ability to balance competing demands.
• Review and understand the compilation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and verify accuracy.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field and one to three years work experience.
• 2-3 years of progressive experience with accounting, financial reporting and accounting systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of US GAAP, with specific experience in accounting systems software and month-end close processes.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to reconcile large volumes of data.
• Ability to develop and administer effective and efficient policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization
• Team player, willingness to do what it takes to support business and finance organization goals
• Solid organizational and analytical skills, as well as attention to detail
• Prefer prior experience with Excalibur, SAP or other similar accounting ledger system
• Proficiency in PC based software/windows applications such as Microsoft Office products - Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience in the oil and gas exploration and production (Midstream) industry preferred
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time
QEP Resources, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Duke Energy Field Services (DEFS) is a midstream energy company that gathers, processes, transports,...