This position is responsible for supervising one to three staff accountants recording revenues and expenses related to gathering and processing for QEP Field Services, and QEP Midstream Partners, LP, subsidiaries of QEP Resources. The position requires the ability to understand the midstream business and provide meaningful operational and financial reports and analysis. The ability to master accounting systems and processes will also be a critical success factor.
The successful candidate will have exceptional financial, systems and analytical skills and also have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in the oil and gas industry, especially midstream business, is preferred. This individual will be based in Denver and will report to the Director of Midstream Accounting. Salary will reflect market rates based on the QEP Resources’ Compensation Plan.
• Review and approve assigned monthly journal entries, and account reconciliations.
• Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies, generally accepted accounting principles and SOX controls.
• Provides extensive assistance and direction to staff members in carrying out their job responsibilities and group goals.
• Perform monthly analysis on production volumes, revenue, expenses, and cash flows.
• Assist in the preparation of joint venture and FERC financial statements.
• Prepares supporting schedules and documentation in support of audits.
• Monitor and assist in the design, modification, installation, and/or maintenance of accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions as well as accurate and timely financial reports.
• Investigates and understands unusual or unexpected results.Answer and resolve internal and external customer inquiries, including audit inquiries.
• Assist with development of staff accountants.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
• Five years or more of professional accounting experience.
• One to three years of supervisory experience is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of US GAAP as well as accounting systems and the month-end close cycle is required.
• Advanced degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred.
• Experience with SAP, SolArc, and Quorum products preferred.
• Ability to manage change and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficient in use of MS Office applications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and disciplines of the organization.
• Must adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior when carrying out the job responsibilities and managing others.
• Flexibility to work overtime during peak periods.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
QEP Resources, Inc. - 17 months ago
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Duke Energy Field Services (DEFS) is a midstream energy company that gathers, processes, transports,...