Talisman Energy Inc., headquartered in Canada, is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company with three main operating areas: North America, the North Sea, and Southeast Asia. As a subsidiary, Talisman Energy USA Inc has oil and gas operations strategically located throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Talisman and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of its employees, contractors, and communities; and works to ensure its operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM. Visit Talisman Energy USA Inc. on the Internet at www.talismanusa.com and Talisman Energy Inc. at www.talisman-energy.com .
Job Title: Midstream Engineer
Req ID: 18902
Employment Type: Permanent
- Strategic planning of midstream infrastructure including sizing, location and egress points
- Build quality working relationships with partners, midstream companies, and all Talisman functional groups
- Manage third-party midstream company projects
- Build transportation, compression and processing agreements to allow third-party use of Talisman infrastructure
- Facilitate delivery point connections between Talisman infrastructure and midstream gathering systems
- Evaluate and develop value added third party opportunities for Talisman
- Effectively manage contract engineering firms
- Assure projects are aligned with Talisman corporate goals and objectives and implementation follows company guidelines
- Ensure all projects meet HSE, Environmental and Regulatory compliance
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Working conditions: 90% spent in The Woodlands office with regular trips to the field locations
The Midstream Engineer will combine strong communication and interpersonal skills with a strong understanding of operations, facilities, construction and marketing.
- Engineering degree
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant oil & gas experience, including positions of leadership and responsibility in facilities engineering, operations, marketing and construction
- Good understanding of the midstream business and market awareness.
- Knowledge and understanding of gas treating and condensate stabilization processes
- Knowledge and understanding of upstream production facilities and operations
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker
- Excellent computer skills, proficient w/ Microsoft Office software suite
- Excellent reasoning, analytical and technical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills a must, with good presentation skills
- Quality interpersonal skills with ability to work in a strong team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain multiple project plans/schedules, and provide regular updates to team/management
- Highly organized and able to prioritize issues and focus on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced highly changing environment
- Able to effectively manage risk
- Skilled in conflict resolution in a positive, productive manner
Talisman Energy Inc. offers excellent benefits, competitive salary
Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required. (Some restrictions may apply if relocation is within Houston)
Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in COUNTRY will be considered.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Talisman Energy - 13 months ago