The Midwest Regional Finance Manager is responsible for supporting finance functions and related systems for the Midwest and East Coast operations. It is a cross-functional position reporting to both finance and operations and will work closely with other cross-functional teams. This position will help develop, document, perform, manage, and train best practices as it relates to supporting accounting processes for these regions.
- Implement, and maintain sound invoicing and receivables processes related to MW and East Coast operations.
- Assist the Manager of Business Processes in supporting Operations and Accounting systems in use at various facilities.
- Support the staff at the MW Regional office (Operations, Human Resources, Sales, IT) with adhoc analysis, queries, and other finance related components.
- Assist Corporate finance with month-end closing functions including accruals and financial analysis, as well as periodic budgeting and forecasting.
- The position requires a general, working knowledge of various operations which necessitates a general tour of various locations and possibly a more in-depth observation of various points within those operations so therefore there will be a small amount of outdoor work
- The position also requires cooperating with others from an operating unit, the midwest regional office, and/or corporate office, thus a significant amount of time is spent working and collaborating with remote/virtual groups and teams.
- This position primarily works autonomously in a cubicle located at the Midwest Regional Office.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Business related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in accounting.
- Proven analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and manage competing priorities successfully.
- Experience working with large accounting software programs.
- Familiarity with SQL databases.
- Master of Microsoft Excel with advanced skills.
- Sound administrative skills, well developed management skills with both principles and people.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Well-developed leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (presentation, verbal and written). Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Passion for customer service and success.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Valid Driver’s License
Auto Warehousing Co. - 10 months ago