IPOWER is seeking a talented web developer/systems engineering to join our migration team.
The ideal candidate will have experience at all layers of a typical web stack and be able to engineer quick and scalable solutions to complex technical problems.
This position is works primarily with Perl and MySQL on Linux boxes, but the tools and systems will interact with every flavor of web language,
database, and platform you can imagine. You will primarily be engineering tools and frameworks to move web hosting customers from one web platform
to IPOWER's, with minimal interruption to the customer's experience. It's a challenging high-wire act, but exceedingly rewarding.
- Hands-on development of system tools to translate and move data between systems
- Development of web-based interfaces for management and support interaction
- Diagnosis of customer issues to refine the migration tools and processes
- Continuous development and refinement of the existing migration toolset to improve scalability and interoperability
Education and Experience
- Significant recent Perl or similar language experience
- Experience with LAMP and WIMP hosting stacks
- Linux System Experience, Basic Windows/IIS System Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A)
- 2+ years of experience in the Internet industry or in a related area.
We offer a tremendous opportunity to work with great people and do great things. You can expect a
salary in line with your capabilities, a strong benefits package, four weeks of vacation, as well
as daily breakfasts and catered lunches, an onsite game room, and a fully-stocked kitchen that
is the envy of the block. If you are the driven and adaptable person described above, possess a demonstrable
history of delivering quality work, and are fun to be around, then we have a place for you!
- Experience with Apache, IIS, Perl, PHP
- MySQL Database Management
- Experience with Virtuozzo, Xen, or other Virtualization Systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.