PURPOSE : P rovide academic and milieu support to the Children's Day Treatment Program . Working with children from ages five to eleven.
POSITION SPECIFIC : Must be initially able to work 25 to 30 hours per week while staff are transitioning out of CDTP and new staff are coming on board. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:45am to 2:30pm. This will approximately last through the middle of May. Afterwards, hours/days will vary.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provides academic and behavioral support within the classroom setting.
- Provides communication with families and outside agencies.
- Completes daily documentation.
- Assist in treatment reviews.
- Complete assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialization directly related to work performed or a minimum of 3 years of prior experience with the related population in the counseling field..
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience with similar population, have knowledge of Collaborative Problem Solving; have excellent documentation skills; be flexible and creative; and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to physically assist in crisis situations and to participate in recreational activities required.