Under the general supervision of the Assistant Program Director or designee, participates as a member of the mental health treatment team in an intensive adolescent residential treatment program. Assists with the delivery of direct resident care, including provision for resident safety and milieu activities. Takes an active role in re-acclimating residents to the larger community.
- Participates with the development and maintenance of a therapeutic environment.
- Promotes a strength-based collaborative philosophy.
- Provides direct care and assists residents with achieving and maintaining appropriate activity levels, including activities of daily living.
- Assists in medical emergencies and in crises, which may include restraint.
- Serves as a role model for residents and teaches program/community expectations such as conflict resolution and appropriate boundaries
- Conducts creative group and recreational activities in and out of the program.
- Observes and records behavior and information regarding mental status of residents. Maintains resident records as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, supervisory sessions, treatment team meetings and in-service trainings as assigned.
- Carries out treatment-related duties in conjunction with the team, the resident, and/or the resident’s family, state and community agencies/programs.
- May be trained to supervise shifts.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience in related field desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm when under stress or in emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people who are under emotional stress.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting.
- Must be able to assist with the restraint of residents in crisis.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
University of Massachusetts Medical School - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard