Looking for an opportunity that showcases your proven talents? An opportunity where every day is a new challenge and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most effective and efficient way possible? A team player at heart, you collaborate with our departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives as well as the military community as a whole.
The Military Admissions Operations Administrator (MAOA) is a full-time employment opportunity. The MAOA will be responsible for assuming roles that contribute to the success of the Channel Markets Division, the Military Admissions Divisions, as well as military students as a whole within Ashford University. The measurement of success in the position is meeting the objectives set by the Director of Military & Corporate Operations. Projects will be completed throughout the year within deadlines with a well executed outcome. The goal of this position is to support the Channel Markets Division and Military Admissions Divisions along with the development and implementation of department strategies, policies, and practices. This position reports to the Director of Military and Corporate Operations.
Essential Job Duties:
• Research and qualify the validity of military partnership/program opportunities; to include working with Ashford’s Veteran Affairs Specialist
• Serve as a subject matter expert on military process
• Analysis and strategies on military process improvements
• Extract and provide statistical data in regards to current and proposed military partnerships/programs
• Customize, develop, manage, and monitor military reporting systems where needed
• Maintain the ongoing reporting process ensuring all files are up to date and stored properly
• Communicate and coordinate cross departmental military processes and needs
• Compile data; prepare and distribute reports; and analyze results
• Ensure data integrity; develop and produce reports utilized in measuring data
• Support other initiatives as required
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Resolve and track military student benefit issues
• Conduct supplemental reports, when needed, in relation to the University’s military divisions
• Meet regularly with the appropriate personnel in relation to specific reports/projects
• Develop and maintain military SOPs
• Develop and maintain military templates and forms
• Track and report progress on all military related enhancements
• Assist Business Analyst and Business Technology Services to complete Channel Markets and Admissions initiatives in a timely manner
• Attend and document Military AC Advisory Boards to include the tracking and follow-up of action items
• Assist and support the other Channel Markets operations personnel where needed or assigned by the Director of Military and Corporate Operations
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Strong analytical, quantitative and interpretive skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
• Attention to detail in all areas including writing, researching and managing data
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel
• Proficient with internal programs such as Campus Vue, REAP, etc
• Ability to set priorities and meet aggressive commitments to achieve objectives; manage multiple, diverse assignments/projects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
• Flexibility and willingness to work hours needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position
• Demonstrate commitment and high professional ethical standards
• Knowledge and experience in the higher education industry
• Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions to identify and resolve difficult challenges
• Capability to learn new software applications
• Must possess a professional demeanor through cross departmental communication
• A positive attitude and ability to adapt to, initiate and encourage positive change, including the ability to work effectively in an environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with Microsoft Access, VBA, InfoPath, and Sharepoint
• Ability to manage data within a complex database
• Prior military, military affiliation, or a history of servicing military
• Bachelor’s Degree required
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 12 months ago
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...