The Military Advisor will be responsible for providing educational support to learners who are affiliated with the military. They will need to have an in depth understanding of veterans affairs benefits as well as military benefits.
- Provide advising support to service members, veterans, and their families.
- Respond to all inquiries from learners in a timely manner; handle escalated calls and challenging situations until resolved.
- Help learners understand the military leave policy and their options when faced with challenges surrounding military duties. Provide accommodations to learners by working with faculty and processing military leave requests.
- Provide learners with information on veteran’s scholarship programs, military benefits, and resources for veterans and service members.
- Provide training to new hires on the support services provided by Military Support.
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert to all learner facing departments.
- Collaborate with Financial Aid and Learner Accounts to answer questions related to learner's tuition assistance, VA benefits, Top-Up, and GoArmyEd.
- Serve on committees and attend meetings as a subject matter expert for Military Support.
- Ensure that Capella University maintains our military and veterans-friendly reputation by providing the policies and support needed for members of the military, veterans, and their families.
- Assist with revision and enhancement of resources and information available on the Armed Forces visitor site, learner iGuide, and Boot Camp training site.
- Provide project support to the Military Support Supervisor surrounding new policies and initiatives related to Military Support services.
- Education: Master’s degree (preferred) in counseling, student affairs, or related field or equivalent professional level experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years experience in related area of higher education: academic advising, student services, etc.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Previous military or related government experience preferred.
- Strong partnering abilities; can effectively work collaboratively across departments to influence and achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 17 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...