This position is responsible for advising undergraduate and graduate students regarding Enrollment and degree completion requirements as well as admitting students for the University's graduate and undergraduate certificate programs. This includes developing academic plans for degree or certificate completion following established guidelines.
Relocation Assistance not provided
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Conducts student appointments to identify students' educational goals and disseminate course and program information to potential students. This includes advising potential and/or current students with respect to enrollment, transferability and applicability of previous college credits earned, degree program options, degree program requirements and progress, and providing information on university policies, practices and rules, by using judgment and discretion
- Assists potential and/or current students in understanding their financial obligations while partnering with students' assigned finance advisor. Informs the student of appropriate time and program commitments while helping them identify available options to develop a personalized plan for success.
- Uses professional knowledge and perspective to relate to new and potential students to establish professional rapport and add to the student experience
- Provides effective communication with potential and/or current students via telephone, email, and/or in person. Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills to address and resolve student issues and ensure positive student experience. Addresses potential and/or current student concerns and seeks appropriate resolution to potential problems
- Assists the student by performing appropriate follow up and coordination with team members. This includes working with employees in a team environment and providing accurate student information and assistance to other team members in and/or outside of their functional area
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity as outlined in the Apollo Code of Business Ethics
- Monitors student participation and progress through the enrollment process to ensure that students are in alignment with University policies
- Assists students in making informed decisions by providing ethical, timely, accurate, and comprehensive enrollment options and program information
- Is proactive in identifying potential barriers within the student enrollment process and initiates steps resulting in resolution
- Displays public support and pride in company initiatives, assists others in seeing the positive aspects of a new initiative and is seen by other members of team as a positive influence
- Assists with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- Any length of military experience as verified by DD Form 214; or current member of Reserve or National Guard with a minimum of 60 verified college credits. Or Military Spouse (of current active duty personnel) with a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Possess high level knowledge of the higher education market and industry
- Possess high level understanding of business, education, technology, counseling and/or nursing programs of study
- Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Customer service or advising experience in an educational environment entailing one on one interaction is highly preferred
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above
- Must have an excellent command of professional presentation skills and be comfortable presenting to groups both large and small
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ('Apollo') are committed to being Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. We embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of our employees including race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our Affirmative Action Plan.
It is the objective of Apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. Through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. At Apollo, we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage.
Apollo makes decisions relative to employment, training, compensation, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment, equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions. All management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. Apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for others. Apollo's philosophy is based on the recognition of and value for the unique attribute brought to Apollo by each person. By keeping with these principles Apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.
Apollo Group - 30+ days ago
Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the high school, u...