Altarum Institute, a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization, is seeking a candidate to serve as a Program Analyst to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support the Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA) in San Antonio, TX. The Program Analyst will perform integration analysis and/or evaluative work related to Manpower Programs, Allocation of Medical Resources, and Management and Economic Analysis. The Program Analyst will also perform a wide range of analytical and administrative duties that contribute to the formulation, presentation, evaluation, coordination, and justification of Air Force Surgeon General (AF/SG) plans and programs and their linkage to medical manpower resource requirements.
Altarum integrates independent research and client-centered consulting to create comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health. With the rigor of the finest research institution, consulting skills honed over more than six decades, and an abiding commitment to the public interest, Altarum enables better care and better health for all people.
- Interprets and assesses the impact of Congressional, Department of Defense (DoD), Health Affairs (HA), TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) Office of Management and Budget and others directives, policies, and guidance upon AF/SG plans, programs and resources; and, coordinates with proper, process owning HQ staff member(s) to assist in the design of executable procedures.
- Performs segments or phases of studies that require the use or adaptation of existing data and techniques to analyze manpower resource requirements and documents for which decisions must be made under certain specified conditions. Work includes portions of broad studies with complex variables and/or narrow studies requiring intensive research. Partners with data analytic subject matter experts and levers corporate data analytic resources to maximize studies and analyses effectiveness.
- Must be able to write clearly understood reports. Supports composition of reports and addendum and composes portions of detailed multi-disciplinary reports and briefings to support internal and external data calls.
- Supports presentation of reports with graphics and decision support systems. Supports ad hoc queries concerning annual/multi-year and long range manpower planning.
- Relays requirements for complex data queries to corporate decision support analyst Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and analyzes resulting information. Analyzes data using DoD and Military Health Service (MHS) systems. Uses standard information processing software to include Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Conducts basic trends analysis, forecasts and estimates and prepares reports, justifications, charts, graphs, and narrative data, etc., for top-level presentations and briefings.
- Develops and presents AF/SG briefings, presentations, and issue papers for visiting staff representatives.
- Prepares special reports, summaries, and replies in response to correspondence from all levels of the organization. Recommendations may represent significant departures from established work operations.
- 10+ years of experience in MHS healthcare management is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a desired major in one of the following or a comparable area: Hospital/Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Management Systems.
- Familiarity with MHS systems and data is critical; knowledge, use, and application of MHS data systems are a significant plus.
- Knowledge of MHS and delivery process including ambulatory, inpatient, pharmacy, population, cost/budget and enrollment data sources.
- Knowledge of MHS, OASD (HA), TMA management structure.
- Knowledge of MHS, Medical Annual Planning and Programming Guidance, Air Force Manpower Responsibilities of Medical Resource Management, and the Manpower Requirements Toolbox (MRT).
- Experience with the Department of Defense Medical Expense & Performance Reporting System (MEPRS) for Fixed Medical and Dental Treatment Facilities and the Expense Assignment System (EAS).
- Must have track record of increasing responsibility in healthcare systems.
- Must be able to develop a detailed understanding of the client’s environment and needs.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance (Requires sole US citizenship).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...