The military outreach specialist works in enrollment management to develop, manage, and evaluate both military based partnerships as well as academic institutions, businesses, and other organizations in the territory. Under the direct supervision of the director for Excelsior College's Washington DC Center, the specialist will work closely with the academic units and marketing/enrollment management and the DC outreach team.
The goal of this position is to help Excelsior grow student enrollments in the DC area with various populations to include, but not limited to military, veteran, civilian, and community colleges. Initial focus will be to promote an increased awareness of Excelsior College to military and veteran organizations in the Washington, DC Metro area. The responsibilities of this position are to research and perform outreach to the targeted populations.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently from their home or in a diverse office to help successfully achieve enrollment goals and objectives. Travel, conference attendance, and off-site meetings will be required. There is a possibility of weekend and evening hours. Overnight travel and day trips are required for this position.
The military outreach specialist will be responsible for relationship building and forging partnerships with the military, corporations, associations, unions, academic institutions, and other groups for purposes of student recruitment within the population areas listed above. The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information, and relating it to prospective students and key contacts in an effort to increase enrollment. The outreach specialist will be well versed in all College options, learning opportunities, and services, and will be able to direct inquiries for the most appropriate degree and service. The specialist must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic, military, veteran, and business communities.
The military outreach specialist will work closely with other recruiters, marketing, and outreach staff and will interact with other departments in Excelsior College.
- Develop face-to-face relationships with military education specialists, veteran's organizations, business professionals, admissions and transfer counselors, student advisement and academic staff at community colleges.
- Manage relationships with existing partner institutions (military, veteran, academic, and business) to assure coordinated services in marketing, reporting, and customer relationship management and to increase enrollments. Conduct site visits to partnered institutions to facilitate the coordination of services and communication and to attend benefit fairs/transfer fairs/meetings.
- Attend military conferences and events that target specific military populations interested in higher education.
- Conduct site visits to partner institutions to facilitate the coordination of services and communication and to attend benefit fairs/transfer fairs/meetings.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop strategic partnerships with post secondary institutions, businesses, and other organizations and coordinate the creation of such partnerships and articulation agreements that advance the strategic goals of the College.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop strategic partnerships and articulation agreements with veteran organizations.
- Assure that all articulation agreements and other academic affiliations adhere to Excelsior College policies and procedures, standards of good practice, and Middle States Accreditation standards.
- Work with Excelsior College Marketing Department and individual schools on marketing plans to increase enrollment and further support any partnerships, articulation agreements, or other affiliations. Coordinate with the marketing team to ensure we are delivering a consistent, branded, and accurate message.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations and Center for Professional Development programs.
- Research and identify potential new opportunities and outreach initiatives in target areas.
- Provide efficient and consistent tracking of student service/advisement by maximizing the use of computer system (i.e., Lotus Notes, Student Information System [SIS], ACE Database, Course Search, etc.).
- Provide routine reporting both internally and to partner institutions on enrollments and other metrics.
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Work toward the College's strategic goals and enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online , or by mail:
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in marketing or communications.
- Two years of progressive marketing or sales experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of military and veteran structure is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in higher education, particularly with adult learners, is a plus.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- academic advising
- continuing education
- and/or outreach, military and veteran higher education
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations and different populations.
- Experience in education sales or higher education outreach.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Proficient computer literacy and willingness to learn new applications.
Human Resources Office
DC Military Outreach Specialist Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
Excelsior College - 2 years ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...