Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Position Summary: Supervises all Trades personnel and manages all functions affecting production, cost and quality of documentation data being processed in diversified shop area by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises one or more departments on all shifts, consistent with established policies and procedures to meet assigned performance goals, such as utilization and internal failure.
- Directs, coordinates, plans and assists scheduling of work for all shifts.
- Plans and maintains adequate labor resources for all shifts.
- Maintains effective and timely communication between shifts to ensure continuity and cooperation.
- Develops and implements cost and quality improvement programs.
- Maintains necessary records for performance of hourly employees to insure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Administers necessary discipline for adherence to shop floor reporting procedures.
- Promotes and supports good housekeeping practices, safety and quality within area of responsibility.
- Aids in development and adaptation to changes in methods, procedures and new or rebuilt equipment.
- Maintains positive labor relations through fair application of labor agreement.
- Ensures environmental/safety issues arising from area of responsibility, or from own activities, are managed according to legal requirements, company policy and procedures, and good work practices. Consults supervisor/manager with questions relating to environmental/safety responsibilities.
- Adopts a personal commitment to excellence and actively supports and participates in the Total Quality process. Be a "role model" worthy of imitation.
- Promotes progress through positive change, continuous improvement and actively contributes to the teamwork concept.
- Supports the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy including implementation of component Affirmative Action Plans. Operates in a fashion to assure compliance with all Federal, State and Local Employment Legislation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five years heavy manufacturing experience, including supervisory responsibility
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department