Reports to: Shop Supervisor or Shop Mechanic
Position Summary: Fully proficient mechanic that performs work on gas compression equipment components and instruments (e.g., pumps, controllers, valves, etc) at shop location. Performs other tasks as needed or requested.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully understands and utilizes standard operating procedures relative to gas compressor maintenance and repair
- Gaining proficiency at base deflection, coupling alignment
- Can identify, diagnose and fix most compressor equipment component and instrument problems
- Replaces and overhauls most compressors, checking bearings, crankshaft, etc.
- Disassembles gas compressor parts and equipment
- Cleans gas compressor parts and equipment
- Reassembles parts
- Overhauls smaller engines
- Works under hi-level supervision
- Guides and trains other mechanics
- Adheres to all company and government safety regulations
- Attends regular safety meetings
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...