Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing solutions to mission critical challenges in national security, information technology, and
communications. We offer a broad array of innovative products and services to address our customers' most complex technology-related needs. We provide
integrated solutions that advance technology and improve operations. We understand our customer's challenges and work hard to deliver effective results.
Schafer has a requirement for a SETA to provide budget planning and programming analysis support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The SETA will assist with various types of strategic and tactical program and budget planning initiatives, including the development of strategic plans, tracking of performance measures, and in developing, implementing, and improving business processes.
Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support process development, implementation, and improvement initiatives.
- Develop and track performance measures at Directorate and Component levels.
- Assist in the development and review of DHS strategic planning documents.
- Submit monthly contract progress reports in timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare milestone status reports and presentations for Federal management, colleagues, and end user representatives.
- Provide support to annual budget submissions to include development of Congressional Justifications (CJ), Resource Allocation Plans (RAP) and inputs to support the DHS Future Years Homeland Security Plan (FYHSP).
- Develop procedures and templates to assist with performance management and budget planning and programming activities.
- Support the DHS Management in conducting quarterly reviews of programs within Area of Responsibilities.
- Prepare/review MS PowerPoint presentations for cognizant Federal Program Managers.
- Attend meetings, workshops, conferences, and in-process reviews as directed by the Federal Program Managers where strategic, policy, and resource planning matters will be discussed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience.
- Experience developing project schedules and budgets, managing resources, and coordinating efforts of multiple, diverse service providers, and tracking progress against achieving agreed upon milestones and deliveries.
- Knowledge of performance management planning, monitoring and reporting methodologies.
- Experienced with Federal budget planning and programming procedures.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports and briefings.
- Experience developing organizational policies and procedures.
- Software proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Familiarity with DHS and/or DoD organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, coordinate, and execute a variety of tasks or
special projects of varying scope and complexity.
Schafer Corporation is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Schafer offers a professional working environment, competitive salary and superior benefits.
Schafer Corporation - 15 months ago
Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing technical solutions to mission critical challenges in national...