Exp U.S. Services, is a leader in providing professional, technical and strategic services to the world’s built and natural environments in these practice areas: Mission Critical, Telecommunications, Buildings, Energy, Industrial, Earth & Environment, and Infrastructure. Exp’s mission is to provide technical solutions to for clients throughout North America seeking innovative solutions to engineering and architectural needs. Exp delivers program management, design professional services and a variety of alternative technical services using leading edge technology-driven solutions.
The ideal candidate would be based in Chicago, however exp would consider basing the role in one of our offices throughout the United States. We are looking for energetic and solutions oriented personnel to join our firm and make a difference. Exp is there when others are not able to provide real time mission critical solutions to the world’s challenges.
The Challenge :
This is a key senior strategic level position working directly with members of the Leadership Team. Candidate will be responsible for sustainment and development of the Mission Critical business across the United States as well as supporting the expansion of services internationally as appropriate.
This individual must understand the competitive landscape of the Engineering and Architecture Consulting market and be able to position our services uniquely with respect to others.
Responsible for overseeing market research and business trends, developing and enhancing customer relationships, making sales calls and preparing presentations for client key decision-makers, developing and implementing growth strategies to expand our overall firm’s strategic business plan.
Other duties will include management and preparation of significant proposals, contracting and teaming negotiations, and establishing relationships with strategic partners to support the Mission Critical business.
Principle Areas of Responsibility:
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek:
- Assist in identifying key clients, major program pursuits and new technical service offerings to the Mission Critical market segment
- Able to understand and develop pursuits in line with the firm’s core competencies and/or strategically partner with others to increase the firm’s capabilities offering
- Recommends go/no-go decisions in response to Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals in accordance with established corporate strategic initiatives
- Oversees overall proposal effort for assigned projects, including development of the strategy, technical/delivery approach and pricing strategy
- Able to understand the technical and pricing strategies need to most effectively capture the opportunity while working in conjunction with those responsible for successful project execution post contract negotiations
- Develops client relationship management strategies to ensure effective program execution, transition and long-term sustainable client relationships
- After contract award, serve as either the Client Services Manager for major projects or works with others to transition the capture as applicable
- Individual must be able to understand the entire company’s offerings and create opportunities for others to support the capture process
- Prepares, monitors and submits monthly reports on business development activities as well as overall budgets for their respective business development revenue goals
- Able to organize national marketing branding campaigns for the relevant Mission Critical market being targeted
- Considered by peers as an industry leader in their respective background and able to showcase such at conferences and national speaking engagements
- Continuously striving to improve the overall business development and capture processes
- Understands the available electronic resources to maintain market intelligence on the industry and competitor news
- Assists in selecting, evaluating, mentoring, and developing talent to support the future growth of the company
- Proven success at managing and closing profitable deals through a strategic selling process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a technical field related to the industry
- 10+ years of directly related work or marketing experience in business development and program management related to professional services, design/build, construction management and/or contingency operations
- Experience in leading strategy sessions, Black Hat analysis, organizing sources sought responses, proposals, preparing and delivering multi-media team presentations
- Proven success in building long term client relationships and developing strategic business plans that result in growing business opportunities
- Experience with sales process from identification and qualification through due diligence and contract negotiations
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to articulate winning proposal themes to clients and team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe In-Design and PowerPoint marketing software
exp - 20 months ago