Based in Oklahoma City, the Mission Programs Coordinator is a part time position (28 hours a week) and is responsible for planning, implementing, tracking, evaluating and sustaining Arthritis Foundation consumer health and education programs, and advocacy efforts in central Oklahoma. This position requires cultivating and managing community partnerships, recruiting and coordinating volunteer effort.
The Mission Programs Coordinator works closely with all members of the regional and national staff and, mission program volunteers. The Mission Programs Coordinator also maintains close relationships with key stakeholders such as physicians, funders, health groups, program sites and, business and community leaders.
Duties for the Mission Programs Coordinator include:
- Planning and implementing public education program including: marketing, logistics, registration, data collection, and program evaluation.
- Planning and implementing Arthritis Foundation physical activity and self-management initiatives including: development and sustainment of relationships with partner sites, volunteer trainers, systems partners, and grantors.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Arthritis Foundation Information and Resource (I&R) program.
- Assisting with the planning, logistics and implementation of Juvenile Arthritis activities.
- Conduct speakers’ bureau and health fairs, including: reviewing requests, coordinating volunteers, and tracking participation data.
- Recruit and coordinate mission programs volunteers.
- Ensure timely collection and accurate entry of program data.
- Support the planning and implementation of mission program activities, including professional education, advocacy, and mission delivery at events.
Travel necessary within the Region territory of Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. May be required to attend National, Regional or local trainings, events, and other meetings that are out of state.
- Bachelor's degree in health education, social work, public health, or related field and at minimum one year of experience.
- Experienced in public health related programs/event planning, project coordination, and volunteer recruitment and coordination. .
- Must have the ability to create and execute timelines and work plans with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive, focused manner, and remain composed under stress.
- Proficient knowledge of and utilization skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications, and applicable computer hardware.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com .
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “Mission Programs Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE