Based in Oklahoma City, the Mission Programs Manager is responsible for organizing, directing and evaluating the Arthritis Foundation consumer health and education programs, and advocacy efforts in the South Central Region. This position requires skills to cultivate and manage community partnerships, recruit and coordinate volunteer effort, manage program budgets, prepare and manage grants and, to develop and implement programs and activities that demonstrate measurable impact.
The Mission Programs Manager has a close working relationship with all members of the regional and national staff and, mission program volunteers. The Mission Programs Manager also maintains close relationships with key stakeholders such as physicians, funders, health groups, program sites and, business and community leaders.
- Responsible for implementing national program initiatives and complying with national standards related to program initiatives.
- Assisting the Regional Vice President, Mission Programs with identifying goals and objectives, operating budget and other duties as requested.
- Developing and implementing the Information and Resources (I&R) program.
- Developing and implementing the Kids Get Arthritis Too (KGAT) program.
- Developing and implementing various educational programs.
- Recruiting E-advocates and Ambassadors for all congressional districts within the region.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for mission programs.
- Working in partnership with regional development staff to strengthen revenue generation efforts through mission program initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in health education, social work, public health, or related field plus three years successful experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in public health related programs/event planning, project management/coordination, and/or volunteer recruitment and management.
- Ability to assist in the development of strategies and best practices for implementing public health activities connected to AF mission programs.
- Strategic thinker with ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals with an established record of achieving programmatic results.
- Detail oriented with strong time management, project management, event management, and meeting management skills.
- Effective in cultivating and maintaining long-term volunteer and community relationships.
- Solid analytic skills to assess program development potential.
- Solid grant writing and management experience.
- Experience in working with the development team to strengthen program and development efforts.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive, focused manner, and remain composed under stress.
- Proficient knowledge of and utilization skills in Microsoft Office software, internet based applications, and applicable computer hardware.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel necessary within the Region territory of Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. May be required to attend National, Regional or local trainings, events, and other meetings that are out of state.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference “ Mission Programs Manager ” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. EOE
Posted September 13, 2013