To produce a high quality product, that will meet the standards and expectations of our internal and external customers.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Follows batch formulation, as prescribed by Central Labs, and uses knowledge and skills to incorporate approved materials for proper dispersion. Approved materials may be accurately and efficiently added to dispersion task by uses of electronic gauges, valves, temperature controls, flow meters or other related equipment.
- Mixes the materials and performs quality controls checks for dispersion approval and transfer to the next step within the production process, using prescribed equipment. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions, check material inventory supplies, etc.
- Ensures all batches are properly and expeditiously transferred into scheduled tanks for thin-down. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations. Batches are completed in accordance with Central Lab formulations, using the prescribed approved raw materials, thickeners, thinners, etc. Materials are accurately measured and delivered to assigned holding tanks, using electronic gauges, valves, transfer equipment, etc. May use electronic information systems to control materials additions to complete batches for final approval.
- Communications with other departments for proper transfer of completed dispersion production process; milling, shading, etc. to assigned holding tanks.
- May be required to maintain efficiency of material additions/flow by checking and changing filters.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical charger hook-up etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use company software and computer system.
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred.
2-3 years of manufacturing experience preferably within a chemical environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: lab, chemist, supply chain, engineer, manager, leadership, Birmingham, St. Clair County, Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Logan Lake, Pell City, Talladega, 30-45 minutes from Birmingham, Interstate 20-59
Benjamin Moore - 16 months ago
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...