Main purpose is to serve beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) to guests and servers in keeping with hotel standards. Collection of payment for beverages. Insure consistent product and service. Observe all legal guidelines and procedures of the TABC. This position will run the Service Bar for the Fine Dining Restaurant and assist at the Patio Bar
Minimum of two years bartending experience in high volume operation.
Per TABC regulations must be at least 18 years old.
Skills and Knowledge
Must have alcohol server's certification or become certified as required by company policy.
Cash handling experience with ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers.
Ability to clearly communicate information to customers, managers, fellow employees.
Ability to lift 35 lbs 5 times a day.
Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc.
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of product recipes and proper service procedures. Responsible for all products stocked and requisitioned to the bar.
- Collection of money generated as revenue and the proper deposit made at the end of each shift. Proper recordkeeping on guest checks at the point of sale. Thorough knowledge of Remanco system and Remanco codes.
- Responsible for bar set-up at the beginning of each shift. Responsible for closing the bar and restocking used items. Responsible for cleanliness of the bar and reporting all maintenance needs to the manager.
- Monitor and adhere to the rules and regulations established by the TABC; includes monitoring of guest consumption and knowledge of procedures for handling intoxicated guests.
- Thorough knowledge of and correct application of all hotel policies, procedures, and practices.
- Responsible for maintaining hotel standards of excellence relating to attitude, customer service, employee relations, and job performance.
- Responsible for guest relations including guest's name and product preferences.
- Attendance at all scheduled meetings.