MCTC, a leader in career and technical education, has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished leader who wants to build the workforce development program of the future.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is a comprehensive two year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multi-cultural communities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. MCTC provides a complete offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional and technical programs.
Examples of Duties:
As a member of the Admissions team, this position exists to recruit, build relationships with, and advise prospective and current students interested in Career and Technical programs (CTE) through the enrollment process; Represents and promotes the college’s CTE opportunities to the community at large through participation in on and off campus recruitment activities, student organization outreach, classroom presentations, community agencies and workforce programs, etc. Plans and executes large and small scale on-campus CTE recruitment programs and presentations, and participates in enrollment related events on and off campus throughout the year including occasional nights and weekends. Utilizes Hobson's Connect and Retain Constituent Relations Management (CRM) systems to track CTE students through the pre-enrollment process and provide follow up by phone, e-mail and appointments in order to assist them through to enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Demonstrated experience planning and presenting group/classroom presentations
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends to meet college’s recruitment and enrollment needs.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
Within your application materials please address how you meet each of the minimum qualifications and any of the preferred qualifications .
- Demonstrated experience advising students/clients regarding services/programs, processes, procedures.
- Experience with event planning and/or program development and execution.
- Knowledge of college admission process.
- Experience in Hobson's Connect, Retain or similar Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) products.
- Experience in ISRS and ImageNow.
- Knowledge of the college academic programs and student services.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
HOW TO APPY
Materials submitted electronically on or before October 16, 2013 will receive priority review; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit your application and supporting information to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees which can be found at http://www.mmb.state.mn.us/mape
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 17 months ago